UPDATED 6-2018 — THIS PROJECT WAS A QUILT ALONG IN 2016 ON MY BLOG. It came about because I need to make a quilt for my niece Amy and her soon to be husband as their wedding quilt. They were getting married in the country in an old renovated barn so Barn Dance seemed the perfect idea for their wedding quilt.
THE GENERAL INFO IS BELOW AND INDIVIDUAL BLOCK PDFS HAVE BEEN JOINED INTO ONE DOCUMENT FOR EASE OF DOWNLOAD.
If you would like to stitch along, things you should know:
- The quilt size is 98″ x 98″ as shown.
- The instructions will be my “quicky instructions.” That means for each different size block, I will give instructions on how to cut and piece ONE block in that style and how many of that style to make. Since this is a scrap happy quilt, you decide how many different fabrics you want and what blocks you want to use them in.
- Once all blocks are done there will be instructions for a few additional background pieces to cut and then I will give you the layout and order for stitching your blocks all together.
- Because this is a scrappy happy quilt, I will only be giving you an ESTIMATE of background yardage because you can use as many or as few fabrics as you like for the colors in the blocks. The ESTIMATE of background yardage is based on what EQ7 tells me BUT the way it figures yardage may not take into account the way I tell you to cut the pieces. So EQ ESTIMATES 7 yards of 42″ wide useable fabric for the background.
- As for the yardage for the rest of the quilt – pull out those scraps, go stash diving, pile up those fat quarters.
- If you’ve never done one of my patterns and downloaded from Box.Net, please click the tab at the top of the blog that says “Copyright/Use of My Patterns” and it will take you to the page to explain, among other things, how Box.Net downloads work – some people have issues saving them because they do not follow the steps indicated.
Hope you enjoy making this project.