Tag Archives: EQ6
The Wedding Quilt revisted
I’m still debating how I want to finish off those wedding quilt blocks. I’m thinking I may add a thin sashing of the background fabric between each block. The quilt needs to be a bit larger and that will help accomplish that along with adding the final border. Here’s sort of what it would look like. But I’m still debating how I want to finish it off.
Design Wall Monday
Here’s what is on the design wall today. My niece’s wedding quilt blocks are back up. I was going to set it on point but don’t think there’s enough background fabric left so will take the safe patch and lay it out hoizontally (and the somewhat lazy path since I won’t have to add in all those setting triangles.) 🙂
So it’s up on the design wall so I can switch around blocks until I get the colors disbursed the way I want – shifting a block or two every time I walk by till I get it the way I like.
There’s also these – that haven’t made it to the design wall yet – the stacks of HSTs for the baby quilt that need to be squared up yet.
Sunday, May 9
First things first:
Speaking of EQ – okay we weren’t yet but I was thinking about it – this is another fun use of EQ. I use it to make my own epostcards by adding lettering over a design. This is the one I sent to my Mom this morning. Actually I’ve used it to make real fabric postcards too – just print the designs on Printed Treasures (or your favorite printable fabric – that just happens to be mine) and finish off into your postcard.
Now on to the stashbusting report – pretty darn good this week if I do say so myself.
Used this week: 10 yards (backing and cut baby quilt); purchased this week – zip, zero, nada
Used year to date: 139.5 yards ; purchased year to date 66 (Net used of 73.5)
Finally finished the binding on my niece’s graduation quilt
One graduation quilt down and the other to finish. So off to do some pin basting.
So far no sewing has been accomplished but other quilty things have. Pattern instructions I needed to finish have had their final proof so I can email them off and cross that project off my list. In the meantime I opened EQ and have still been thinking on the baby quit I need to make. There is a group of baby quilt fqs in the stash that I remembered last night which I may use so was trying to come up with something I could make the most of them since there’s a pictorial sort of print that looks best not chopped up too much. But here’s the general idea I’ve come up with.
The largest print would go in the center of the squares. Now I need to print out yardage and do some figuring to see if the fat quarters will work where I want and if there’s anything in the stash that will work where I need larger yardage amounts.
If I can find the right fabrics in the stash I’d like to get started on this this weekend and I’ve got the defrag quilt to get layered and start quilting on also.
My test block of Crocus Clusters is done. I appliqued the leaves last night and decided to add in a third green on my version rather than just the two in the original drawing. This went together so quickly and easily and now I can get on to cutting out the rest and starting to write up the instructions for the quilt.
And lest you think I’ve only been quilting and playing in EQ – which I have done a lot of lately – I’ve finished another sock and started it’s mate.
Here’s the latest sock
Just my favorite simple little pattern in a self patterning yarn. It will go in the Christmas gift pile. This yarn comes with a matching dyed reinforcing thread which I actually remembered to add this time when I got to the heel – usually I’m halfway through the heel before I rememer that particular yarn came with the reinforcing thread. Adds just a little thickness to heel and should help it wear a bit better and keep its shape.