Well only a yard used for binding on the stacked posey charity quilt this week for a total of 52.75 yards of fabric used year to date. That’s just the amount used not offset by the amount purchased since I’ve pretty much lost interest in keeping track of the purchases. LOL
I finished off the binding last night on Just Butterflies so that one can go into the donation pile.
I also got a couple inches done on the sock I started on last night.
Only problem is the yarn is so dark and the color bursts in it so short that the pattern , which is a dewdrop elongated stitch, isn’t showing up in this yarn. So my plan is to rip this one back to the ribbing and then just do a plain jane sock out of this yarn.
But I still really want to make the Harvest Dew pattern so pulled out this yarn – it’s a Socktopus yarn called Princess and the Pea so will start that pattern again in this yarn and see how it looks.
I was busy digging through the Quilts from the Crate (8 completed from the Crate so far) and pulled out two more projects to layer and quilt. One is the Kat table runner. The Kats were from a past block swap.
It’s hard to tell from the photo since the background fabric sort of blends into my design wall but the edges of the runner are angled – following the dark triangles.
And I also pulled out another top which will be a donation quilt. I have several tops in the Crate that are either bow ties (in various layouts) or just rows of rectangles — all in 30s prints since I decided I was tired of 30s and would cut up all the ones I had in my stash. I think I’ve already quilted most of the 30s quilts but there’s still a few in that crate.
So now to find some breakfast and then some backing for these projects.
Yes – just in the nick of time it’s finished! I fell asleep while hand stitching binding last night so didn’t get it done. So tonight – first thing – finished the little over a long side of binding to hand stitch, took this photo and then into the washer it went to remove a few markings. It’s now in the dryer and tomorrow it goes to the office. Thursday is the women’s golf outing where it will be in the silent auction to raise money for the Komen Fund.
WHEW!!!!! and bonus — it’s another Quilt from the Crate top that has now been finished. Somehow that stack of quilt tops in the crate do not seem to be going down very fast. ;-(
I didn’t realize it was already approaching 9 p.m. and no one has made me dinner yet! I really need to hire me a cook for when I’m on vacation since I tend not to want to stop what I’m doing to bother to cook. LOL I think its popcorn for dinner tonight.
Today I pulled out the Just Butterflies quilt top, pieced the backing and started quilting on it. I would probably have it all quilted by now and be working on the binding except for the storms this afternoon. The golf ball size hail missed us as did the 70 mph winds. But there was lots of ugly sky and lots of lightening so I unplugged my machine for a couple hours while the storms went through. We ended up with a nice rain – a bit heavy for a little while but not bad and none of the damages that other areas not far away were getting.
So tomorrow, hopefully, I’ll get the quilting finished on that quilt and get the binding attached. Which will mean another Quilt from the Crate is out of the crate and this one was also one of the past month’s UFO challenge quilts that I didn’t previously get finished so I’ll be one step closer to gettting caught up on the UFO challenge project finishes.
Here’s one corner of the quilt. There’s a feather design in the outer border. The sashing, cornerstones, and then the framing around each butterfly are all stitched in the ditch and then there’s some antennae and just some meandering around the butterflies. It will be another quilt to add to the donation pile.
During the storms I also got about half the binding hand sewn down on the western quilt – lest you think I was just fritterin away the time. 🙂
Wacky Hearts was one of the designs available on the blog that I did last year for the Year of Wallhangings project. This one was February of course. It is also the top that was on my UFO Challenge list to finish for April. Finally I just may get one of those challenge projects done on time if I actually get the binding finished in the next week or two. I quilted it this afternoon and the binding is pinned in place and it just needs to be handstitched down. It also was one of the tops that was in the Quilts From the Crate so I finally have one more of those tops quilted.