I have actually accomplished what I set out to do as my Saturday project. Crocus Clusters is now a finished top — finished at 11:50 p.m. — still on Saturday but cutting it close. 🙂 And it went together very nicely EXCEPT…. I had the top sewn into two halves with the sashing attached and joined that last seam. Laid it out on the floor and then had to say many bad words because I half flipped on half upside down. Yes rippit rippit rippit. But once I took it apart and fixed, the borders went on great. I’m always a bit worried when adding pieced borders to plain ones — were all those seam allowances right? will it fit? Yep no adjustment at all needed. They fit perfectly. WHEW! I’ll take pictures in the light of day.
Also thank you Aurora for letting me know the EQ file for Spring at the Crossroads was downloading with a notecard error. I’ve deleted the link and marked it temporarily unavailable. I’m not sure why it’s doing that since my original file opens fine. Even tried reloading but still an error so when I get time I’ll try to figure out what the problem is.
I nearly forgot it was stashbusting report day. This week, 4.25 purchased, 12.25 used.
YTD used: 194 YTD purchased: 76.25 so Net fabric used YTD is 117.75 yds.
I got my Continuous Chain shown in previous post all cut out. And laid out Crocus Clusters on the design wall – or at least most of it since I was running out of wall.
You’ll have to imagine the plain inner purple border going all the way around. I put just some scraps of it in the upper left corner. I’ve either hidden the strips I cut for that border or was too anxious to get sewinng and never cut them. Have to go back and see if I marked them off on my notes before I start the search to find them. I think I might have just not cut them yet. I also didn’t put the plain border strips up on the wall between blocks but I like the way it turned out. I used three greens for my leaves instead of two and had extra fabric of the light green so decided I wanted that in the outer border instead of the dark green I originally drew the pattern for – I always seem to change something on my own version from the original drawing I did – artistic license. 🙂
And don’t forget to vote in McCall’s Design Star Challenge – whether for my quilt, Ode to Spring, or another one you love. (My MOm has been busy casting her vote every day) 🙂 There’s 147 quilts to provide viewing eye candy. There’s a link to the contest in the right sidebar.