I seem to finish things in sets of four lately. Last weekend I fully finished four fall things and this weekend, four more finishes.
First up is this freebie chart. I think its Santa in his everyday wear – looks like he’s ready to hit the ski slopes. The which tab below the first photo is the ribbon that holds the two sides of the finish together. This is a prefinished easel so when you open it up that ribbon keeps it from opening too far and standing upright like in the photo on the right. I have some charms I may or may not add across the top of it.
Next up is The LIttle Dog! on one of the prefinished boards I showed earlier today. I didn’t add the little silver charm that came with the pattern that said I love dogs with a heart – similar to the image on the dog’s bowl. There jusst didn’t seem to be any to add it to this finish but I have some other dog finishes coming up so will add it to one of those. This will be a Christmas gift for a friend who has all dog ornaments on her tree.
If I remember right this was a bonus chart in The First Thanksgiving book. He’s on a prefinished piece that does have a hanger but it’s like a box about 1-1/2″ wide so could stand on it’s own too. The fabric piece on the box is washing out a bit in the photo because the chenille was the perfect match to it.
And lastly – a Prairie Schooler finish on a little wooden hornbook type thing. II may add some ribbon to the top yet but haven’t decided. I didn’t use the called-for red, I wanted something a bit brighter, and the chenille was the perfect color match so I had to add that.
It’s a lovely fall Saturday here. This week the temps have definitely put a chill in the air. I popped outside to take the photos in natural light and it’s mid 40s, a bit breezy but nice and sunny. A perfect fall day.
So here’s what I’ve been stitching on this week. Oh but first, the last Flash Chart Adoption (FCA) for The Little Dog posted last week has a new home to go do. Kelly I have emailed you to get your mailing address. Congratulations.
Okay – I pulled floss and fabric for Olga’s Tart Sunday night or maybe Monday , can’t remember which – and finished stitching it Thursday night. I changed up the colors a bit and a little bit of the design.
The pumpkin was a brighter orange with greenish section lines. I wanted more fallish rather than brighter halloween jack-o-lanter colors so had some Valdani floss out and used three shades of orange/rusty colors rather than just two colors as charted. I also changed the moon color and left off a lighter area on the left side of the moon (which actually doesn’t even show up well in the chart image). I think I actually did stitch it on the right count fabric so it will fit in the tart pan for finishing but I haven’t determined yet if I will use the tart pan or do some other finish. Oh and I changed the whiskers – they were supposed to be longer with curlicues on the ends but I didn’t care for those. Olga looks like she’s a sassy little cat.
So Thursday night and last night I picked up The Huntsman, my Sampler Camp project, and I’m nearly done with the main stitching on that. I added the tree next to the peacock and then the section above that. I just have that tree left to finish, and a couple of birds and that circular doodad next to the house to mirror the other side and then it will just be the border to finish. I also changed the man’s suit to blue from some brown shade – love the shape of those breeches he’s wearing, he’s such a dapper-looking man.
And in between that I’ve been overstitching some of the white areas on my New Years Sampler to make those pop a bit more but I’ll wait to show that until it is completely finished.
Later today I may do a little bit of finishing. I received some fabric prefinished items to mount my stitching on and would like to get the ones I have done as Christmas ornaments (gifts) done until they are needed for gifting. Here’s what I received this week (and I have a few others I had previously ordered so just need to match up stitched pieces to finishing pieces). The gingham one is a double-sided fabric chipboard piece (looks the same front and back except for the bow on the front) and the others are all fabric covered chipboard mounted to wooden backers. I used that plaid fabric (except in an easel style) on a prior piece and just love that fabric so had to get more items with that fabric on it.