I couldn’t resist

sampler september - The huntsman

I had this all kitted up Sunday so I just had to start on it Sunday night.  My reward for finishing The First Thanksgiving and Stitchin’ Witches.    So I got a start on the border, which I started a bit too high but I’ll be framing myself so it will be fine – just looks off center on the fabric because it is off center – and stitched from top corner down to bottom corner before going back and starting on some fun stuff.  When I was looking at the chart photo I was thinking maybe I’d make that border a green – and then looked at the color code and it IS green.  My border doesn’t show up green in my photo either – its a dark green (and not in natural light) so it looks more black but it really is green.


For Sampler Camp 2022 (with Colorado Crossstitcher) there is a challenge to change something in the sampler you’re working on –  could be anything you change – so I decided to change the colors of floss for my initials where they show up in the alphabet.  I’ve done that on several other projects and like that I don’t have to find a place to stitch in my initials later because they are already sort of highlighted.  And it makes me weirdly happy that my initials show up in the correct order across the alphabet – DMR.  It’s the little things……