I was digging thru the project bag of all my Sunday Stitches chart to decide what to start on next, I decided I didn’t feel like searching for lots of floss and there are several one color projects in my Sunday Stitches bag so I pulled out Love & Joy. I also realized I didn’t have a photo of that one included on my Sunday Stitches page (which you can find in the top of the blog header) that shows the charts I have to choose from and shows the finished Sunday Stitches. This was bought right before the “no buy 2022” moratorium went into effect. It’s called Love & Joy and is such a pretty design. The called for color is one of my favorite reds but I’ve got several red projects in the works and am getting kind of bored with red. I knew I wanted a very mottled or variegated shaded thread and went to the group of Victorian Motto Floss from the variegated collection to see what I might have.
The floss is called My Tapestry and goes from dark blue to purples and the fabric has a light purplish hue to it – Sprite by PTP.
I do kind of want to start the chart that I got to reflect the “Frosty the Snowman” song.
I think that is so cute. I think I will change the word “Christmas” to “Winter” so it’s not Christmas specific or I may just leave off the words and put more swirls. But I have the prettiest blue fabric with sparkles in it that I think will look so good.
But, I want to finish the current snowman chart I have in the works before I start another one. both are Teresa Kogut designs and the other one, which I started last year, also fits my Sunday Stitches theme for this year. I was working on it ab bit last night – Up on the Housetop. Last night I finished the house color between the top row of windows and the icicles and got a few more rows on the roof done. I need to finish off that roof so I can get on with those three dancing snowmen on the roof.
Thanks for all the comments on the gold house – I think I’m going to like it but definitely needed a break from all that house stitching. It’s a lot to fill in. but the house will be easy to finish since I did tent stitch to outline where the windows are and am going back and completing the other stitch as I work my way up to a window so everything within the house and roof I won’t need to follow a chart on since it’s all outlined and ready to go.
Last night I didn’t feel like working on any of the other WIP so I pulled out my Sunday Stitches project a b it early. I had started one of the bells from Bells of Christmas last Sunday.
Last Sunday I stitched everything except the words, little trees and snowflakes. So last night I finished all that off.
I would change a few things if I were to restitch the bell I started with – the one with the angel on it.
I used fabric that was slightly darker than the called for but the angel wings don’t show up as well as I would like. They show up okay in the closeup but sort of fade away if not looking at it closely. The dress is done in two colors and has a pattern in it. I would just do it in one color if I were doing it again. You can see the pattern doesn’t show up well so just makes it look busy and really is a bother to stitch if you’re not going to be able to see it distinctly. I would have preferred it in a single color. The color for the staff I had to change because the called for disappeared into her wing color which could have been just a different dyelot issue but mine was a very yellowy color and the chart photo looks very tan. The snowflakes are a bit hard to see too if not in closeup. I dislike stitching things that just don’t show up well.
Eventually I’m going to stitch the other bell but will put this chart away for not and work on something else. So I need to delve into my bag of Sunday Stitches charts and see what I want to stitch on next and pull the flosses.