Every since I stitched the one basket of flowers on the upper left side, it was bugging me every time I looked at it. I double checked the chart – yes it was right – but it looked so crowded on top of the row of leaves and flowers which is the row I might love best. So here is a cropped image from the prior blog post to show where I am talking about.
I just didn’t like the way there was only one row of blank stitches between the top of the red flower and the bottom of the basket. And with it so close to the top of the flower – I also didn’t like the way the basket base was off center compared to the top of the flower. Hmmmm, I’d think some more about that basket before completing the one on the right. But then tonight I was checking Jo’s progress and she doesn’t have the top side of her flowers stitched yet and wow! that was the answer. Just remove the flower head from the top two red flowers – the ones at each end below the basket. It leaves a more pleasing space arrangement to my eye. So I ripped out the flower heads but left the top leaves and I love the way it looks now. Thank goodness Jo was at that exact spot so I could see from her photo what I wanted to do!
Ignore the little red fuzzy of loose thread I had picked out and didn’t notice was stuck to the fabric before taking the photo – but I’m very pleased with the way it looks now minus that flower head. The basket now looks like it’s in it’s own space and not trying to smash the top of my flower row.
As of 9:30 pm – when I am stopping for an ice cream break – I’m still plugging away on the lettering on the bottom (after a bit of an unexpected cat nap) so now I’m wide awake and ready for 4, 5 or 6 more hours of stitching. 🙂