Another Change to a Changed World

Every since I stitched the one basket of flowers on the upper left side, it was bugging me every time I looked at it.  I double checked the chart – yes it was right – but it looked so crowded on top of the row of leaves and flowers which is the row I might love best.  So here is a cropped image from the prior blog post to show where I am talking about.

BASKET  I just didn’t like the way there was only one row of blank stitches between the top of the red flower and the bottom of the basket.  And with it so close to the top of the flower – I also didn’t like the way the basket base was off center compared to the top of the flower.  Hmmmm, I’d think some more about that basket before completing the one on the right.  But then tonight I was checking Jo’s progress and she doesn’t have the top side of her flowers stitched yet and wow! that was the answer.  Just remove the flower head from the top two red flowers – the ones at each end below the basket.  It leaves a more pleasing space arrangement to my eye.  So I ripped out the flower heads but left the top leaves and I love the way it looks now.   Thank goodness Jo was at that exact spot so I could see from her photo what I wanted to do!

Ignore the little red fuzzy of loose thread I had picked out and didn’t notice was stuck to the fabric before taking the photo – but I’m very pleased with the way it looks now minus that flower head.  The basket now looks like it’s in it’s own space and not trying to smash the top of my flower row.


As of 9:30 pm – when I am stopping for an ice cream break – I’m still plugging away on the lettering on the bottom (after a bit of an unexpected cat nap) so now I’m wide awake and ready for 4, 5 or 6 more hours of stitching. 🙂


Friday Update – 8-20-21 A Changed World

Time for the A Changed World SAL update.  Remember Judy and Jo and I are stitching along on this chart so you can check out their progress on their blogs. 

I have made really great progress this week since I picked this back up last Sunday – maybe Sunday – I can’t remember what day I switched back to this project. But, I finished off the top – all except the upper left flower square in the order and the basket of flowers below it. I wanted to stitch the zig zag part of the border down the left side and then, decided to just finish that border across the bottom and low and behold it worked out! Of course I had been checking it at intervals to make sure it was lining up right. Then then put in the bird/flower on one side of the bottom and started the words on the bottom.




I changed the color of the bird in the bottom section to match all the gray birds I had used in the upper section.

I also changed the words in the bottom section to black. That bottom section was supposed to look like this.

It was supposed to be white lettering with that black box background around it.  I didn’t care for that – it just seemed to overpower that section so I’m doing the words in black and trying to figure out what color I want the border around the words to be.  It’s hard to see the border around the black square in the chart image because it is done in white.  I need to use some other color for that border area.


I also need to go back and add all the little flowers between each zig zag in the border – they are white and a light aqua in my color changes and I only have a few of those done on one side but I’ll save those till last.  I’m hoping to get all the lettering on the bottom and may be the other flower/bird section done tonight since my plan is to stitch to the wee hours of the morning.   My dinner order has been placed for delivery and I can now change out of the work clothes and get comfy for an evening of stitching.  Here’s some close ups of this stitch.