Well I posted in my prior post today the fully finished Amish themed stitch The Harvest – part of a series I started long ago. And said that I had two more that I might try to get framed this weekend. Well since I had all the framing supplies out, I decided I might as well continue and the the other two done today. Then, when I was digging thru the stuff piled on the sewing room table (yes piled!) I found the third one I needed to frame too.
The sewing room is now a bigger mess due to pulling out Warm and Natural Scraps to cut pieces to put between my stitchery and the foam core board, tossing pieces aside that weren’t big enough – yeah I’m not so tidy in the midst of a project but figured since I know that room needs a thorough cleaning, make the mess now and then I can put all the batting, extra frames, etc. back all at once. So here they are – all Told in a Garden Designs – and all stitched in 1997.
Schoolhouse Sampler. Love all the little detains in this one – the trees in the distance, the white boys and girls outhouses on either side of the school along the back fence line, the swing set, water pump, but I love the colors of all the boys and girls standing by the fence or sitting on it and the different colors of their clothing.
The Song of a People
Love the barn with the quilt on it and I really like the design of the house with the flower beds around it.
And lastly, The Quilting. The chart just says “The Quilting” on it but I added the word “Bee” to the end.
I love the ladies on either side of the quilt they are quilting on and that little girl sitting on the bench at the end. The other thing I really liked about these patterns, in an era where lots of backstitching was the norm when I was originally stitching these projects, these have very little backstitching – just swing set ropes or parts of buggies but no outlining around other things which of course adds to the simplicity of the look.
I previously had three framed that have been hanging on my bedroom wall. They had glass in them. I removed the glass from one, and I just need to remove the glass from the other two. One of those frames has an issue so I may have to reframe it if I can’t fix it. But once those are set to rehang, I will have a total of 9 framed pieces of this series done. YES NINE!!! And I have decided nine is enough. I decided these will hang on my bedroom wall, not the living room, since they are of a different feel than what I am stitching on now. Of course that means I want to move where my bed is to a different wall, which entails all the normal hassle of moving a bed in a not huge room trying to avoid the other furniture in it, and plus it’s up on bed risers so having to move those and take out the under-bed storage containers. And if I’m going to have to move the bed – best to move the sections completely out of that room so I can clean the carpet in there while I’m at it before putting everything back. Yep – don’t expect to see these on the wall in the immediate future – all that sounds like a winter project.
But, I think I have 3 or 4 charts in the stash that I had saved for “someday” when I want to finish this series that I won’t be stitching so those will get added to tomorrow’s Sunday Chart Adoption day offerings.