or in this case, why don’t I do it? I told myself after finishing each stitching project I would get all my flosses back on the rings they belong on, grouped by type of floss, in alphabetical order. So much easier if they are kept that way when going to pull floss for a new project or see if I have the ones I want. Well, for some projects I do that and for some I just toss them to the side in a basket. Plus I ordered floss for some upcoming projects so had new stuff tossed in that basket too. Well I do know why I don’t do it – I’m too excited to get on to the next project – I’ve always been that way with sewing, quilting, knitting.
So this afternoon I cleaned up all the cross stitching stuff and got it all put back in it’s proper place, project bags emptied of floss no longer need, and all back in alphabetical order BEFORE deciding on what my next project will be (which it turns out was none of the potential ones I showed in my prior post).
This is my laptop table covered with the Weeks floss that has been sorted into piles according to the first letter of the name.
The brand of the most hand dyed flosses I have is Weeks Dye Works. I keep them on rings alphabetically but I had put some back in the wrong order and I had them broken down by ring – like A thru M on one ring and O thru Z on another but that definitely need to be broken down into more rings since they were too full. Plus, most of the new stuff I had ordered was Weeks. So each group the put in alphabetical order on the rings and a tag added to the front of the ring with what letters are on it like A thru C so then I also know where the beginning of alphabetical arrangement is in case things get topsy turvey on the ring. The rest of the other flosses were all put back too so all is tidy in my floss world.
Leftover Aida pieces cut off from framing, etc. were put back in their bags with the labels as to what they are and put back in the box that holds them by count and table next to my chair cleared off. Only bad thing was in my craziness to get all the floss alphabetized, I took apart a floss ring of random colors that I was using for a long term project. Oh well, I was just picking project for each motif as I went and there’s just a little bit I will likely pull out since I have no clue what color it was done in and it needs to all be the same. There’s only one color that I’m keeping consistent through out and I found that one back and stuck it in the project bag. Crisis averted!
Seems like I just did all this not long ago (and I hate doing it) so may be I’ll remember next time and it will be incentive to take care of it right away after each project (or not) 🙂
I decided to start a new patriotic piece since the 4th of July is coming up and since July is my birthday month I tend to gravitate towards patriotic red/white/blue stuff. It’s called Free & Brave by The Drawn Thread.
It has some satin stitch leaves and an interesting looking interwoven satin stitch (or at least that is what I would call it) for the flowers. Lots of times specialty stitches don’t work on Aida but I think these might and if not I’ll just switch them to something else. My flosses are pulled and I just need to decide what fabric I want to use.