So here is the chart cover for the project I’ve been stitching on this week. I should be able to finish this one off later today.
Here’s my progress so far.
I’ve got the flower buds to add to the top border, the motifs in the top right border corner and next to the word “Teach” and the two sheep in the bottom. I started one of the sheep last night but the white is not showing up enough – I don’t want them looking like the photo in the chart cover – you can’t tell what they so are. I was thinking about gray or black but in looking at it just now, I think I may actually just go with the gold color used in the piece and make golden sheep. I think they are sheep anyway – they have longer legs but maybe they are freshly shorn so their legs show more. 🙂
As has been my usual M.O. the past few weekends – I got off to a slow/late start today but laundry is going, kitchen is nearly cleaned up, so time for a coffee break before tackling the breakfast bar which has stuff piled on it from one end to the other. I just opened the door to see what it is like outside — another day of hot and HUMID! Best to just stay inside and stitch.
ETA – Oh I resolved the issue of the alphabet being stitched one over one (which I can’t do on Aida cloth) by moving the words to the left a bit and respacing them and then found a small alphabet in The Ultimate Sampler Motifs Source Book by Brenda Keyes to use instead. The alphabet was laid out in the chart in two lines just the way I stitched them so I just needed to make sure I counted back from the right side of the piece to get my starting place and then stitched in the box around it to make it fit.