The Seaside Sampler cowl from my last blog post – my first cast on in 2021, was off the needles earlier this week. Super quick to knit, even tho I added a bit of length to it, but it won’t look like much until after it’s blocked, a seam is sewn and fringe added so no pictures yet. I’m not overly thrilled with the color combo I picked but that may change when I see it finished and against the coat I made it for. If not, well it goes in the gift/pick a gift pile. It was a fun knit tho. Hopefully it will get blocked this weekend.
I finally got a photo of the other frame I found in the closet and it’s perfect for The Quilting Bee project I wanted to frame. It’s got an inner section of a grayish wood (sort of weather looking barn board) and then a darker edge of darker wood. This is definitely the one I will use.
The rest of my framing supplies (applique pins, acid free tape and foam core board, etc.) have all arrived so I may see if I can get this framed and completed this weekend. I’ve been stitching this week on the Snow Sampler I previously posted – here’s the pattern photo again – it’s too dark to take a photo of what I’ve finished so far but I have just the top and bottom border sections to finish. I have a frame (like that shown but in a bit larger size) so I need to do some measuring and counting but I think I may repeat part of the top/bottom border along each side – not the whole side but just a portion of it to balance it out in the frame I have but will have to wait until the top and bottom are finished to decide.
I also ordered a couple frames for the projects I already have finished. The frame shop is really backed up so I don’t expect to get them real soon but they are ordered so there’s really hope of getting those projects finally framed. Tonight tho – I really need to find something for dinner (at this point maybe just some popcorn) and then I plan to work on the sleeve to my sweater.