Judy and I decided we wanted to stitch along with each other on the Farmhouse Christmas project and everyone is invited to stitch along with us if you like. No rules – just the fun of seeing others stitching along on the same project.
- Judy and I will be doing this SAL together but yet independently through my blog and Judy’s blog. We will both write about it on our blogs but it will be separate conversations (Like . . she and I won’t be posting the same thing — we’ll do our posts independently).
- There’s no deadline for anything. Work at your own pace.
- The pattern we will use is Farmhouse Christmas, a nine part pattern, by Little House Needleworks. We do respect copyright so no pattern sharing please!
- Patterns do not have to be finished in any particular order. You may do #1, then #6, etc. Do whatever makes you happy. If there’s one block you want to make . . make one block.
- Start date is February 1
The pattern for the free border shown above can be downloaded from the Little House Needleworks website. You can find it here and also see close up photos of all nine patterns.
So if you are stitching along with us, feel free to leave a comment on this page that includes a link to your specific blog page where you are showing your project (not to just your blog in general so people don’t have to search for your posts re Farmhouse Christmas). If you don’t have a blog or a way to link to a web-based photo sharing service, you can always email me your photos and I will add them to this page but if you are emailing photos, I ask that you wait to send me a “completed block” photo of each block rather than just random progress to post – otherwise there may just be too many photos to keep up with. So I would only have 9 possible photos for each person rather than a bajillion.
MY TIMELINE OF EVENTS FOR MY OWN PERSONAL STITCH PROJECT
- 18 ct Zweigart Aida in Country Mocha
- February 7, 2021 – Finally start stitching on the borders that surround each individual block
- February 18, 2021 – Finished stitching Block 5 – Grandma’s Quilt
- March 3, 2021 – Block for March finished – Block 9 – Baa Baa Black Sheep, gridding for all blocks completed and border started
My finished project all framed!