Positively Pink

After making a second swatch for my Wollmeise yarn (I showed you the first in the last post) I decided not to use either of those stitch patterns too. I found a Broken Rib stitch that has traveling twisted stitches across six stitches so am using that, along with a twisted rib for all the ribbing. The Broken Rib will go up either side of the button band on the fronts. I’m still debating if I will add any of it to the sleeve or back but for now I’m working on the right front.

I also picked up a sweater that has been hibernating for a long time – lots of stockinette in this plain a-line pullover. The yarn is Hand Maiden Mini Maiden — lovely single ply of 50/50 wool and silk so has a wonderful drape. When I put it aside I had the back done and about 8″ of the front done. After 4 or 5 days working on it (amongst working on the pink sweater) I’ve just started the deep vee-neck shaping, and have just a handful of rows before I start the armhole shaping, so it’s moving right along. It’s a CustomFit version of Sanderling.