or at least cast on all the things… or so it seems at the moment. Last night when it became “July 1” in the EatSleepKnit time zone, I cast on my third quarter KAL project. This quarter’s challenge is to knit with colors done exclusive for ESK, bonus star for using two exclusives in one project. I’m going to max yardage level and all the stars with another Linus shawl using exclusives Wakame and Kelp Forest which are playing together very nicely.
I also cast on my July Camp Loopy project but didn’t get far – just a few rows past the provisional cast on. And the lace pattern all scrunched up on a needle and not blocked out really doesn’t look like much at the moment but I love the Caramel yarn – the gold is exactly like this photo.
The Watershed – multicolored – is not quite the same as this image from my Loopy Ewe project planner page. The hank I got is more greens and browns and not much gold but it will still work well together since the multicolored will be a garter border around the gold lace work in the center of the shawl.
Then, I finally came across a pattern on Ravelry that will work for some Winning yarn I’ve had for quite a while but couldn’t decide what to do with it. Winning is a lace to light fingering weight yarn, 65% silk, 35% linen. It blooms and softens/relaxes after washing and drying. One of the colors I bought I didn’t like as much in real life – the colors just seem to be a bit garish to me and I wasn’t loving how it looked in other projects made with it on Ravelry. But I also have a dull brownish color – Raggedy Man – and I think using one strand of each will work well with these colors. I just need to do some swatching to see if I get fabric I like.
Here’s the colors (in a photo that is slightly hazy since the humidity is fogging the camera lens outside again today).
I’m planning to make a project similar to Twist Swancho. That pattern is crocheted but I want a knitted version which should be easy to translate it to once I figure out my gauge. It will be a lot of mindless knitting but will be a great take-along project I can pick up and put down without losing my place. So now to finish swatching. Good thing I took those photos outside earlier because it is now pouring down rain…yet again… which is getting a bit redundant and annoying but it would be nice if it cooled things down a bit and not just cause a new batch of mosquitos to hatch.
Since planting my flowers in pots over a month ago, I have never had to water them other than the day I repotted them. I have, several times a week, had to empty the saucers under them so they don’t drown however. I’m surprised they are still alive as much rain as we’ve had.