Rex – revised

I did a bit of tweaking on the dinosaur quilt I want to make.   Made the block size smaller, added more blocks so I could get a total of three of the large stars (the ones with the dark blue pieced centers and large green star points) into the design rather than two which makes it look more balanced.  rex-revised

I also replaced the background fabric with a solid or tone on tone rather than the little palm tree print which appears in some of the four-patch blocks.  That change also made the green star points pop more and overall less busy look.  I haven’t compared the EQ8 yardage numbers to the yardage I actually bought but I think I should have enough once I find a background fabric in the stash.  Also, since I made the dino applique larger on this versionk, the fat quarter of that color I ordered won’t be large enough but I’m sure I can find something in the stash for that.

Advertisements