Still working on my two Touchstones but yesterday I blocked my Aeque KAL cowl – one of my Great Loopy Knitting challenge projects and this morning I stitched up the short seam and buried ends. I used heavier yarn and before blocking I wasn’t sure if (1) I had made it as large as I wanted (2) my garter edging was going to block flat since my gauge is different in that and it usually flips up if I don’t adjust needles size and (3) if the heavier yarn I used would let it drape was nicely as it shows in fingering weight.
It turned out wonderful. Everything worked and I absolutely love it.
I would definitely make this pattern again. It would be a fun way to use up lots of leftovers or mini hanks/swatching hanks — all those little bits and bobs.
I cast on my Plaid is the New Fad Knitting Challenge KAL project last night. The blue is my main color, my CC1 is the green and my CC2 will be the saffron. I’m anxious to get to where that third color comes in to play to see how they will all look together. T
hen, since this project really isn’t a good bus knitting project, I decided I needed to start another challenge project – one of the Technical Challenge projects – a project using textured stitches. Nip was just released today by Fogbound Knits and you know I love Laura’s patterns. I will be using some Rios from the stash – the color is Cumparsita.