I’ve been on vacation and busy doing – well doing whatever I felt like basically. I spent two days at home doing some little chores and then spent 5 days or so at my folks visiting with them and my sister and her family, and now back home with more days yet to play. And I’m not thinking (well only a fleeting thought) about how many emails will be waiting for me at work after being off 2 weeks but that’s the way it goes – not going to worry about it but sometimes I long for the days before email. 🙂
One day at my folks we took a water taxi cruise on the river. The pelicans, ducks and herons were very busy on the river.
Okay one of those is not a bird – it’s my Mom. It was a nice cruise up and down the river and the weather was very cooperative that day – not too hot or humid.
I took several projects along with me to work on while we were visiting – one was a sweater that has been sitting in the “need to seam pile” for at least a year. Well it is now much closer to being finished. I seamed it all except for one sleeve underarm/side seam because I didn’t take enough balls of yarn with me. But all the other seaming was completed and I picked up and knit the neckline trim and have one side of the button band knit also.
I need to find some buttons before knitting the other side of the buttonband so I know how big to make the buttonholes. The back of the cardigan (which has 3/4 length sleeves) has a bit of the lace on the upper back too.
I also took along my Sanderling CF sweater which is an A-line tunic length sweater with 3/4 sleeves – miles and miles of stockinette. It was about 4″ long when I took it on vacation, and it is now somewhere between 14-16″ long. The yarn is so lovely and soft but fingering weight on smallish needles makes for a long slog. The upside is if I want to work on something I don’t want to concentrate on – this is the pattern. It’s going to be so lovely and drapey in this Handmaiden Mini Maiden yarn with its silk content.
I also took along a little wallhanging of beach houses that I just needed to hand stitch the binding in place on. I got that done as well.
And after finishing that one I decided that I wanted to turn it in to a back pillow for my patio chairs since it went to well with the seat cushions. I had a stack of extra blocks made so today made the rest needed for the second chair cushion. Just need to quilt and bind the second one and then turn them both into cushions.
The picture above was taken before I sewed the blocks in the 2nd grouping on the right to each other.
I’ve also been working on my August Camp Loopy projects but I’ll save those for later.
So I haven’t really disappeared – I’ve just been off having some fun!