The Rhapody KAL starts tomorrow (final reminder) 🙂 and since I am being the laziest person in the world today (I did tidy the kitchen a bit and toss a load in the washer but otherwise have been puttering and ignoring the chaos all around me that I should be tidying up) I pulled out my yarn for this and got it wound.
This was my original choice but then as I knit the first row I realized my multicolored yarn for the stripes has too much of my background color in it.
It would still work fairly well – the test knit I did of this pattern I had the same thing – small spots of blue and blue/green in my striping yarn blended into my background so the stripes would sort of disappear for a few stitches.
Here’s the first one I made.
So I knew I had some MadTosh in the Antler colorway (off white) in the stash. So now I will have a light background and I think it will be a great spring/summer shawl.