I spent a large part of the day in yarn — finishing up the straightening up, organizing, moving from one storage container to another, putting storage containers back where they belong, ripping out some projects I know I will never want to finish, ripping out some projects I don’t know why I started in the first place, rewinding yarn, and putting projects into bags so everything is all together and not getting wound around each other in my knitting baskets for WIP.
Of course the coffee breaks got longer as the day went on, and I was distracted by other chores like laundry and cleaning a kitchen cabinet or two. Even made a good dinner.
In the mean time, as you know I am prone to do, I changed my mind about the yarn for my DaVinci Cowl KAL project. As I was sorting yarn, I found back the BMFASTA DK weight yarn in one of TLE exclusive colorways – One Color Steeped Step at a Time. I bought that specifically to make a heavier weight pooling cowl so pulled that out.
Yes there really is pink in that hank – it’s just sitting in the top photo not showing any of it. I don’t know why I have so much yarn with pink in it since to I don’t care for pink but I do like the way it looks with the teals, grays and darker colors in this one. I’ve cracked my “DaVinci Code” and figured out how any stitches I want to cast on. I think this one I’ll do the edges a bit different than the garter edges of the past ones I’ve made. I’m going to use a controlled curl (that’s what I call it) where you knit a couple rows stockinette stitch and then a row or rib. The stockinette edge curls up and sort of looks like I-cord, but it stops curling at the ribbed row.
I have one more basket of yarn projects to sort through but think I’ve done enough tidying for today and will just go knit for the rest of the night instead.