My first finish for 2017 is off the design wall and I finished the binding last night.
Hillside Houses was a free Craftsy pattern. I only made half the houses as part of a Monthly Mixer project for The Loopy Ewe. The original pattern is about twice as long as the one I made.
The breeze was blowing as I took this photo outside this morning so the side edges don’t look like they are hanging straight but they do. It was too cold to wait for the breeze to cooperate so I didn’t wait to get a better photo. 🙂
The back is kind of fun too since I matched top thread and bobbin thread to each individual house. You can see a bit of the different colored stitching on the back (along with a few pieces of dead leaves since I dropped it on the ground and didn’t notice them until I was looking at the photo.
On the design wall is the wine glasses. I have the blocks quilted in the ditch where the join each other and meet the border to stabilize them. I have also outline quilted 1/4″ around the wine glass shapes. I think a simple meaner in the alternating blocks of cork and corkscrew fabrics and border. I may trim down the border just a bit once it’s all quilted. I should have this ready to bind today.
Last day of my vacation today – with all the various cleaning I’ve done this week, I have now managed to mess things up again but today is all about quilting, knitting, starting on my weaving project and maybe a bit of baking. It’s cold and dark and gray outside so a good day to hibernate inside. Altho I think I do need to make a trip to the end of the complex to my mailbox since there’s probably yarn in my mailbox from Miss Bab’s gratitude sale that has arrived.