After playing with the Back to Basics design, I realized if I make a few changes to it – making it a rectangular quilt rather than the original square design – I should be able to use that panel of Dr.Seuss book covers I previously showed, dropping them into the same design where the background squares are.
So first I changed the block size to make them rectangles in EQ.
Then with a little help from the Snipping Tool I was able to save snips of the images of the book covers into my EQ program to see what they would look like.
I still need to do some tweaking and remeasuring to make sure the book covers will fit properly – I have to see if they are all printed evenly – fussy cutting from panels can be tricky some times. I also didn’t bother to intricately resize the images so some are a bit cut off in the next quilt image but I was only using it for looking at the big picture to see if I liked the idea. I do – so I think I will end up with two Dr. Seuss quilts (completing my first one as originally planned) rather than using the fabrics together in one quilt.