A quilty plan

Enough cleaning for one day – I can see the sewing room table, and have room to work on it once again, and pretty much all of the floor is clear and the various little piles of fabric put back on the shelves and scraps which were tossed everywhere have had one final toss into the bin.  Tomorrow I just might be able to get in there an finish some machine quilting on a quilt I’ve been working on (or ignoring – depending on how you look at it) forever!

There was a bit of EQ playing last weekend and last night and I think I’ve finally come up with a new quilt design for the blog and my TQP friends.  At the moment I can’t decide if it will be a quilt along or a mystery so I’m not going to show you that design yet.  I still need to decide if I’m going to add any borders on it.

But I also wanted to draw up a quicky quilt design that I plan to use for a layer cake and some additional yardage of a fabric line I’ve got in the stash.  I need to do some figuring and see how the size pieces I’ve drawn work out but I think this design will work with the layer cake and yardage I have.  It’s just randomly colored in  –  not all blocks (the ones with the most pieces to them) will have the same fabrics in them in the same places but they will be same sort of color family since I’m using a Layer Cake.  But I want something where I don’t waste the layer cake pieces by cutting them in odd shapes.

frontporchpress.Or maybe this….


But I’ll wait until tomorrow to start actually laying out fabrics and seeing how things will work out.   I am hoping to get a bit of stitching done on this tomorrow tho but time to go make some dinner.

Home made pizza is on the menu along with an evening snuggled under a quilt (it’s damp out today and is making it feel colder than it really is)  watching movies and finishing off my sweater sleeve.

On the Knitting Needles – 1/30/16

I’ve been knitting right along on my TLE January Mixer / CF Deep Winter KAL project.  Last Saturday I showed you the front was finished (having previously finished the back) and just had the sleeves left to do.


Check this out — this is the SECOND sleeve.  I have just about 20 rows left of the sleeve cap and both sleeves will be done.  I’m hoping to get this blocking either tonight or tomorrow.

I also showed you last week the yarn I had gotten to make Jewel Dragon.  Well I couldn’t resist starting it – those arches were just calling to me.  I sooo love this project.

20160130_2 - Copy I started by decided the original solid dark blue yarn was too close to my variegated one and was blending too much.  So I went stash diving and found this “Wild Apple” colored Skein Top Drawer  sock yarn.  Some of my favorite socks are from Skein yarn – it’s one of my favorite yarns and feels so nice.  It ended up being the perfect color to go with the variegated yarn.   One row of 5 arches done and half way through the second.  This is easy to do and the pattern instructions have lots of great photos for those who are visual learners.  It’s not a quick knit, due to how icord is made, but it will be a great project to pick up and put down and now worry about losing my place.  After the first row, I’ve got the pattern memorized.   As I was working on it I kept thinking how pretty it would be to put this design as the cuff of a  sleeve or the bottom of a sweater.  In the meantime, I have set this aside to finish off my sweater.

Then there’s the announcement of TLE Mixer project for February which you can read about on TLE Blog here.   The theme for the month was just perfect for me.  The most recently added pattern to my Ravelry account is Twilight and I had just shown you the photo of the yarn and beads I had gotten for it last week 20160123_11 so it’s definitely from my “short” list to make soon in keeping with the February theme.

I haven’t decided if I’ll do a February Fabric themed project but since there’s not a deadline – I have some time to think about it.