The little baby sweater is just being difficult. I had found a heart design I was going to put on it to meet the “texture” requirement for Loopy Academy. I originally planned to put it on the front but it would have extended too far under the arm so I didn’t like that. But heck – I’d put it on the back and just do a single little heart on the front. Once I figured out I’d need to read the chart basically upside down and backwards – I got about two inches in and it was not really standing out like I wanted. So why bother following the chart if it’s not really going to be apparent what it is. So I ripped that back and came up with a new plan .
The plan is to space out lines of slipped stitches – changing the length of some of them – which will probably be used as flower stems when I get done — either crocheting little flower tops to go on them or finding buttons – I’m leaning towards the buttons so spent some time searching Etsy shops looking for buttons. I haven’t found any I want for this sweater yet but I came across a site with the most gorgeous Czech Glass Button shop so I’m trying to figure out what sweater of my own I need buttons for — they are all such lovely little works of art.
Among cleaning and baking and laundry, I did manage to get one of my placements made for Loopy Academy.
I’m not following any pattern, just started in the center and added strips log cabin style. There’s one fabric in the group that I didn’t use in this placemat – another large print like the trees in the center except it’s reindeer. I plan to make them all a bit different – but all done with strips so they are quilted as I go along since I’m sewing the strips thru batting and backing when I add them. I need to make at least four but will see how much of my fabrics are leftover and perhaps make more.