The promise of hot water

myrtleWell, the carpet seems to be drying nicely — it was a great carpet drying day actually – not hot, not humid and a very nice breeze blowing in my sewing room window to help out the fans.

And I can’t necessarily say it’s pretty (tho it does have lovely new copper tubing) but soon I should have hot water.    It is a big noisier than the old one as it’s heating up but not too bad.    And it just turned off ……..and voila – I do indeed have hot water!

So while the guys were here working, I pulled all the quilt magazines, knitting magazines,  patterns I’d printed from Ravelry, years of printouts of my own patterns, drafts and second drafts — all the paper stacks I could find and went through them.   They are now all neat and organized, some redistributed but much has been purged, recycled, etc. so I have less than a 1/4 left of what I did have.  So that was a job I would not have gotten to for a good long while (and one I’ve been putting off forever) so at least it was productive time.  Still need to make one more trip to the recycling dumpster and have a bag of stuff I need to shred but glad that job is done.

Now to figure out what is for dinner and I’m doing some thinking about how I want to rearrange the sewing room.  It will be a few days or more likely next weekend before I get that room put back together but that will also give me time to go through the other containers and baskets and boxes of “stuff” on the shelves and in bins and reorganize and perhaps purge a bit more.

And on an even brighter note – I finally (yes after starting it for a KAL and putting it aside to knit on several other projects) my CF modified Featherweight sweater is finally done.  It looks a bit odd in the photo since it’s laying sideways on the ironing board.  I’m steam blocking the front bands which I think will work rather than having to reblock the entire sweater.  Just have an end or two to bury.  That’s a whole lot of fingering weight yarn but I really like the feel of fingering weight sweaters.  (And it will add great numbers to my yarn knit tally!)

featherweight

Advertisements

Design Wall Monday and the Great Sewing Room Flood

wall  PatchKats is on the design wall waiting for me to finish putting the green sashing between the rest of the rows.

Noe the half empty fabric shelving in the middle of the room.  That shelf used to be in the closet in the sewing room.  The fabric on the table used to be on that shelf  but I had to unload it in order to move the shelving unit out of the closet.

And in addition to the shelving unit, I had to move these

tubsThe tubs of quilting stuff – two are full of tops to be quilted and two are swap blocks and other random projects.  And there were a couple tubs of yarn to be  moved out and other miscellaneous stuff.

 

Because now the sewing room closet looks like this

cl

I discovered when I walked in the sewing room yesterday that my carpet was literally squishing.  Not a good thing.  I pulled open the closet door thinking it was leaking from that same area that it has twice since I’ve lived there from the apartment upstairs.  No, the ceiling was not wet.  But called he emergency maintenance and the guy hey sent over – who lives here at the complex – discovered it was my hot water heater that was leaking.   They came last night and sucked up the water from the carpet and turned off the hot water heater (the two apartments above me who share this water heater also had no hot shower this a.m.) so now I’m awaiting someone to come replace the water heater – not how I had planned to spend my Monday.

I had planned to clean out the sewing room closet but it would have been much better to do it according to MY schedule.   But I guess it’s a good time to clean out some of the stuff from the closet and purge a bit of it as well as pull out a few projects that have been in deep hibernation to put them on my “finish soon” pile.