Gone astray again

I headed into the sewing room, I was going to do some more quilting on the wedding quilt, and I decided to see where I had left off on writing some instructions for a new Hoffman Fabrics pattern.   Well, I never did get to the quilting but I did spend the afternoon writing up the pattern I needed to get done so it’s all good since I needed to get it finished before the end of the month.  So deadline crossed off my list.

I may try quilting just one block or two each night this week on the wedding quilt but I usually don’t machine quilt on weeknights because once I start, it’s hard for me to stop.  It’s always one more area, one more, and after sitting at a desk all day, sitting and machine quilting all night is a bit hard on the eyes.

Okay yes I was also playing in EQ for just a little while today too.  This was one of the designs I was considering using for my Camp Loopy 3 project but it wasn’t going to work for that project.  I’ve stashed it away into my “maybe make these” folder to revisit another day.  But I think it’s very graphically striking the way the two blocks used in it meet and change appearance and would make a great wallhanging.

gr

It turned out to be a lovely day here – all that horrid humidity is gone after storms moved thru last night and I’ve been able to turn off the air and have the door and windows open.  Think I just might need to take my cup of coffee out to the patio for a bit of fresh air before I figure out what’s for dinner.

Advertisements

7/19/15 Fabric Stashbusting report

I’ve updated the stashbusting page (button in sidebar with the fabric pile on it) so you can get the full report there.

For one fleeting moment, I had used {net} more fabric than I had purchased thanks to the finish of my Camp Loopy 2 fabric project.  But then I remembered I had not added in the Camp Loopy 3 fabric that had arrived earlier this week.  Dang!

So the numbers stand at:

Used year to date — 77.5 yards

Purchased YTD – 44.5 yards

Net freed from stash YTD:  33 yards

Soon, very soon, I’ll be making a jump in progress when I get the wedding quilt finished.  But I was able to add one more photo to the “finished” gallery on the stashbusting page with the finish of my Camp 2 project.