Bathroom redo

DSCN4311 Well I didn’t get the spring clothes pulled out of the storage containers and the winter sweaters packed away – that was one boring task I had planned to do (but I may need those sweaters yet this week!).  But, I did get the new shower curtain made and put up after – well after too long of wanting to make one.

The camera looks like it got a big dizzy with all those big flowers on the fabric I used and didn’t want to really focus in on it.  The little vase on the toilet tank (which will not stay there because I will totally knock it off when hanging up or grabbing the towel so it will get moved to the sink vanity)– came from my shopping spree at TJ Maxx today.  Tho a bit disappointing and not much of a spree because that was the only thing I found for decorating that I liked there today and usually they have lots of fun stuff.  I never shop there for clothes but if I’m looking for a bit of color or something different for decorating, I can  usually find it there.  The vase, which is sort of a frosted glass, was the perfect color and I found two new sets of towels, and I definitely need to replace some of my towels so they were a good find too.

I still need to put a little something up on the walls – I plan to applique some blocks to put in frames and hang in there using these designs.

eyes

nailpolish

eyes

Advertisements

Stashbusting report

I thought I had nothing to report for stashbusting – lots in the work but nothing finished to top stage where I usually count it. But then I glanced up and there sitting on the ironing board is the new shower curtain I made yesterday and just need to add the buttonholes along the top to finish it today.  The bathroom is getting a fresh look.

So add in that fabric used and my numbers stand at:

53.75 yards used year to date

21 yards purchased year to date (I haven’t added in my Camp Loopy Safari fabrics yet since they haven’t arrived – with Camp the next three months, there should be much fabric movement in and out as each project has to be done by the end of it’s specific month).

So year to date net used is:  32.75 yards.

Hopefully this one will be finished to top stage by next week.

DSCN4307  I’ve just got about half the last block to applique yet. These will just get a thin little sashing strip between them.  Not sure yet if it will get a border or if I will be borderless.

One of my favorite blocks (other than the upper left one that looks like knit fabric) is this one.

DSCN4306

Critters in their little sleepers.  I have a whole other stack of these cut out  for a boy’s version – lots of bugs and fire trucks and dogs.  Need to gather a few more fabrics for that one.

 

Happy Mother’s Day!