Since I sent off the Moda Challenge quilt to The Loopy Ewe and it will be donated to a military family after the contest, I was thinking I might want to make another version of that design in different fabrics. I do love the fabrics in the Moda Block Party collection and I love that they make jpgs of their fabrics available for download on their website. Download them, import into my Electric Quilt program, and I can see what those actual fabrics look like in the quilt design.
Earlier today (well yesterday since it’s 2:30 a.m. and I’m wide awake as can be) I was able to find the background fabric to the missing butterflies in the stash so now all the HST butterflies (more like moths) are done. I think they’ll be put in their own little project – need to wait until I finish the panel project first to see if there’s enough fabrics left over to make more butterflies.
It bugs me that I can’t remember what I was going to do with the panel pieces but then I looked back and I had a photo of them when I was originally working on them from 2010. I think it’s time they were finished! So I think they’ll end up generally grouped like this
spread out a bit more and just groups of maybe 2″ finished squares to fill in where needed. Next up tho will be getting a quilt layered – the backing is pressed and waiting – but maybe I should go to bed first. 😉