Today’s sewing

DSCN4111Instead of working on the quilt on my design wall, or layering the quilt I need to get quilted – I veered off in another direction.  I’ve been contemplating the PatchKats BOM and thinking about changing a few things in it and decided I wanted to see how a block looked sewn up, if I could get a Kat out of a FQ, etc.  So I decided I’d stitch up a Kat, but then as I was cutting it, decided a whole row of Kats is better than one Kat right?   So I stitched together a test row.  Other than forgetting to  reverse one Kat’s tail section and having to redo it, this is simple sewing.  It took longer to cut out the various fabrics than to stitch them up.

Advertisements

Fabric Stashbusting

While I don’t have anything quite finished to top stage to add into my stash report (should get a top finished by next week tho), I did have a friend shop the stash for a project so there’s about 3 yards less in the stash.  That makes the tally as of today:

Fabric purchased year to date:             9.0 yards (Kona fqs)

Fabric used year to date:                         24.5 yards

Net stash used:                                             15.5 yards

Today will be spent sewing in my jammies I think – I’ve cranked up the heat so the sewing room warms up, it’s in the single digits outside  — all the more reason to stay inside and sew.