What a lazy day I’ve had – I never nap but I did today which just blew my whole afternoon. 🙂 So I’ve accomplished very little – other than getting about 3″ knit on my new Winter KAL sweater. Back to work tomorrow – my vacation is over – my cold is not over but at least I wasn’t at the office during the worst of it to share the germs with my co-workers.
I had planned to get back in the sewing room to sew the final seams of my mystery quilt, but decided I’ll leave that until later this week. I will post a photo tomorrow of my blocks up on the design wall so if you’re working on the mystery and don’t want to see the reveal – well you have been warned.
My plan for this year is to count fabric as used once a top is completed. I actually sewed way more fabric than I accounted for last year since I was waiting until it was a finished project to add it. So when a project has reached completed top stage, I’ll add it in to fabric used and then when backing is used when it gets quilted that will be a separate addition.
I’m also going to keep track of number of new projects started versus number of projects finished. I did fairly well (at least better than some prior years) with starting and finishing projects last year since many of them were for Camp Loopy or challenge projects that had a definite deadline. So I will see how this year goes — if I’ll be a starter (starting way more projects than I finish) or if I’ll be a finisher (finishing what I start and then some — which is I hope the category I’ll end up in a year from now).
So for the first state of the stash report of 2015:
Fabric purchased year to date: zero
Fabric used year to date: zero
Net stash used: zero
Projects started in 2015: 1 (Seeing Stars Mystery Quilt)
Projects completed in 2015: 0
Check out the other Fabric Reports/Stashbusing at Judy’s Patchwork Times.