This is my CustomFit Summer Sweater KAL sleeveless cowl sweater. It’s done… (before the deadline even) but it will go sit in the time out basket for a while. The cowl neckline has conspired against me.
The sweater body fits just the way it should (thanks to CustomFit) but I was basing my sweater off a nonCustomFit design so part of the cowl problem is I think I made the neckline about 2″ too low. This photo is shot from the camera sitting on the counter below me so since it’s not a straight on shot, you can’t see that the neckline is obscenely low. Also, part of the problem is the yarn I used to make this. It was some microspun I had in the stash and although it feels nice and soft, it’s not really drapeable. Not a yarn I would use again. So the cowl is just bulky and awkward and the cast off edge curls (I bound off a bit too tightly apparently). So for KAL purposes I call it done but one of these days I’ll take the cowl back off and put a different neckline trim on it and then I think I’ll get lots of wear out of it.
Oh and heck – more yardage to add to my Knit the Stash tally! I just remembered this. This yarn actually did come from the stash and was not a recent purchase. It’s been there several years.