My plan last night was to get my five bird blocks done, which I did. Then to cut out the main pieces that make up the other blocks, which I did. But then I wanted to see how some of the blocks looked stitched together and since there were so few pieces to stitch for a block, ended up making all of them.
And you know me – next I wanted to see just one row stitched together…. so when I quilt sewing in the wee hours of the morning, I had all horizontal rows stitched and the sashing strips in between made.
It was a bit tricky to cut some of the fabrics since for this Camp Loopy challenge you needed to use two Short Stacks (FQ packs). The blacks, tho they look the same in the photo were from one Short Stack of all black tone on tone fabrics. The nuthatches fabric (to the immediate right of the top left bird) and the other bird strip (to the left of the top right bird) I would have liked to put more of in the quilt – they are my favorites – but I had to fussy cut them so that always wastes a bit of fabric. There’s one fabric from the Short stack that didn’t make it to the front of the wall hanging so that one will be included in the backing. I’m contemplating ordering regular yardage of these fabrics and maybe adding in some of the other colorways to make a bed size quilt.
Just have to sew these rows together and then cut the final black border that goes around it all.