More quilting time

The binding is now on the quilt I finished yesterday and since the table was fairly empty, I grabbed the ladybug quilt – which I made for the Komen Golf Outing Auction too – how could it not be with those pink ladybugs — layered that with some pink ribbon fabric left over from one of the past year’s quilts.

20140427_2  So far I have all the horizontal straight line quilting done following the white “plus signs and then stitching straight across the ladybugs as if the white continued.   After I get all the vertical ones done, then I’ll decide what if anything else I’ll add.

The sewing room is now a mess again because I had pulled all kinds of stuff out of the closet looking for the binding I “thought” I had made.   It can stay messy for a few days tho – when I cleaned and reorganized the rest of the room, I didn’t do the closet so since I’ve got a bunch of storage tubs pulled out of it already, might as well clean out the closet and put everything back in organized.  So I’ll work on that a little at a time in the evenings this week I think.  Certainly can’t do it now — it’s time to go throw a potato in the oven and then I think a bit of knitting until dinner is ready. 🙂

Advertisements

Sunday Stashbusting and other happenings

First the stash busting report because miracle of miracles, I have been quilting and I have finished (or finished enough to tally it) a project!  It’s been a while since that happened.   I even turned down an offer of a friend to stop at the quilt shop last Friday night – well if you aren’t doing much sewing it makes it easier to pass up a stop (plus I knew it was too late and they were already closed). LOL

Anyway  Yardage used year to date : 27 yards   Yardage added YTD:  5.75    Used this week: 10.5   Net busted YTD:  21.25

20140427_1

The border is now quilted on this one – got it finished last night.  Thought I had made the binding at the time I made the top but perhaps not — or it’s hidden in one of the places I didn’t look but I was tired of making a mess in the sewing room and – AHA! – found there was still some of the plaid in the stash and that’s what I wanted for the binding anyway.

As I was looking for binding, I came across more Stack ‘n Whack style blocks.  I call them the Mutant Frogs.  20140427_7 Because of the spacing /repeat of the frogs, they don’t make quite as interesting kaleidoscope but they’ll make a fun little boy’s quilt I think.   

And my second sweater is done – sewed the buttons on last night and if the weather warms up a little I might actually get to wear it (since it’s cold and damp and dreary today – raining raining raining – and it’s supposed to be that way all this coming week!)  Not a great photo since it’s a bathroom selfie and the light in my bathroom is throwing off the color of the sweater but until I get a nice sunny day to take a photo…..

So my Knit the Stash totals – well there’s much more yarn added in so far this year than knit but with this sweater finish, I’ve now knit 7,945 yards so far this year – not bad.

 

CustomFit Cardipalooza KAL and Loopy Groupie Wollmeise KAL.  Started 3/16/14 finished 4/26/14

CustomFit Cardipalooza KAL and Loopy Groupie Wollmeise KAL. Started 3/16/14 finished 4/26/14

.

Now, a bit of brunch to find, and then a bit of cleaning, and since it’s such a rainy dreary day,  I think the rest of the day will be spent watching movies and either layering another quilt or knitting or both!

Don’t forget to stop back tomorrow for…..

Vol9-blog-tour-coming-socialmedia