I knew I couldn’t count on them so I started dinner earlier – baked potato, Paula Deen’s pineapple casserole (which I revamped to remove as many points as I could but it just wouldn’t be right without that buttery cracker crumb topping on it) and smoked pork chop (since I didn’t want to buy ham and it tastes the same). Yum might add in some fresh asparagus too.
Anyway, while I’m waiting for that to cook, I managed to get the rest of the center of the quilt done. Just the wide border remains, which will probably get a big feather design in it but I’m going to wait and start work on that another day. But the center went much quicker than I expected with not nearly the amount of wrestling with the quilt with this new machine as with my old one. Those extra inches of space and the extended bed make things so much easier!
I tried taking a photo outside to see if I could get the stitching to show up better but although it’s gotten overcast (looks like it could rain) which usually means the stitching shows up a bit more, it didn’t help a lot but here are the photos anyway.
But the colors in the photos are true. I’m also going to have to go on the search for the binding that I believe I made back when I made the quilt top – tho I think I actually might just know where it is.
In the meantime, I pulled out a little springy colored wallhanging I spied hanging on a hanger in the closet. I think the leftover batting and backing I trimmed of the quilt is just the right side for the table runner so going to get that layered and maybe start a bit of quilting on that.