Yeah – finally something I can count as finished and out of the stash.
My nephew’s music quilt just needs the binding hand stitched which will get done later this week so I’m calling it done!
So the numbers this week:
- Used this week: 12.5 yards
- Used year to date: 17.0 yards
- Added this week: 3.25 yards (Loopy Bag Challenge fabrics)
- Added year to date: 5.75 yards
- Net used Year to date: 10.75
I think part of today’s project will be figuring out what I want to do for the Loopy Bag Challenge with these fabrics. I have my idea I just need to work out the details and sizes, etc.
For those who asked about the piano key border in my nephew’s quilt — I most definitely did not piece all those keys! LOL This is a quilt for a college freshman’s dorm room. Not that he doesn’t love my quilts but it is a college freshman’s dorm room. 😉 They are just plain borders cut from fabric printed with piano keys. I did a quick search and I don’t see the specific one I bought on the Equilter website but I was just scanning what came up when I typed in piano keys in the search bar. There are others that are similar and a more thorough search may reveal the one I got if you look. It’s just all rows of piano keys, with nothing fancy in between them, running the length of the fabric.
Now I have to go look at the music fabrics to see which ones I still have enough of to make a matching pillowcase. The opening edge of the pillow will use the piano keys around it.