Yeah – finally a fabric stashbusting report (I only did one previous one this year that had me all at zeros – nothing used, nothing added – just no dang sewing was going on – or not any sewing finished to the step where I add tally the total amount used). I hope to remedy that and am off to a start finally – even if a small start.
Fabric purchased YTD: 2.5 yds Fabric used YTD: 3.5 Net busted: 1.0 (yes I’m not starting off in the red, says the gal who has fabric arriving next week!)
I finished Too Tired To Give A Hoot earlier this week (my Loopy Challenge project) and today I pulled a little wallhanging off my design wall to test out my new sewing machine. It is now quilted, binding added and binding just needs to be hand stitched down.
Now this is the first thing I quilted on the new machine so don’t look too closely. I was figuring out how things work, if I look at this part of a foot will it line up here or there – and sometimes I just was looking at other stuff on the machine while quilting along – like not paying attention how close I was making some of the feathers to the outer edge of the quilt so when I added the binding I chopped some off. LOL
Once I get use to the fact that the free motion foot doesn’t hop up and down, I’ll be ready to really roll along — oh yes, it has way more speed than any other machine I’ve had. 🙂
The funniest thing – after I quilted my name in on the bottom of it I realized I had left the “i” out of my name so it said “Dense”. Hmmmm…. had to sneak back in here and fix that. The problem was for some reason when I machine quilt my name I put two “humps” on the “n” but when I actually write it I don’t, so that threw me off (or I was just looking at one of the other buttons on the machine and not paying attention again). 🙂