So here’s the Short Stack I started with, along with one fabric I could add for the challenge which is the solid dark mushroom color.
And after my applique and adding of borders, here’s what’s left of that Short Stack…… just scraps for the trash.
Here’s what I have so far on the design wall with the light border section added to the right and top. I used nearly every single scrap of the fabric used in the wings — that one is my favorite out of the group.
I could end it like this, or I could add a final fabric border like in the second photo of the blue fabric which is only used in the eyes/eyelids.
Can’t believe it’s already headed toward dinner time — need to clean up my mess but want to cut the binding strips first so that I don’t accidentally grab that fabric and use it for something else!
Then I’m definitely going to find a quilt to get comfy under while I spend the evening knitting. It just does not want to stay warm in here even tho the heat is turn up quite a bit from my usual 60 degrees or so.
I did go a bit crazy on my knitting last night. I wrote down the number of repeats I needed to do of a decrease sequence so I could mark each one off as I completed it and even tho it was right there in black and white to repeat 12 times, I had just finished repeat 14 when I realized I had written down too many to do. No idea how I managed to add two extra repeats when I wrote it down – but actually I needed part of the 13th repeat so only had to rip back about 6 rows which I fixed this morning.
Time to tidy the sewing stuff and stick it back in the sewing room and close that door to keep the cold air in there! and not in my living room. 🙂