It’s finally done!!! I did finish at least one more UFO before the end of the year – or kept it from turning into a UFO. I just had a few stitches to bind off on the rolled neck edging I added to part of it and it’s just been sitting waiting for me to finish it.
So I did that, gave it a dunk in some Eucalan and it’s now pinned out blocking.
It has 24 feathers total. I’m really pleased with how it turned out. The only think I would change if I did it again is the gray yarn I used – it’s not a “fuzzy” enough yarn – more linen-type feeling to me and it does not hide or blend in the double stitches as well as I would like (and of course some of that I’m sure is from me goofing one up here or there). But that was just poor yarn choice on my part.
I can’t wait to wear it.
I have several balls of the Mini Mochi left over (I knew I ordered more than I needed but it was a good sale) so I think maybe another swing cowl after I finish the one I’m working or maybe another stranded cowl.
I also pulled out my Greta which I haven’t worked on in ages. In looking back on the blog, I started it nearly a year ago (first week of January was when I switched from a different yarn to the one I’m now using). It would be nice if I could finish it up before the end of the year but I’m running out of time. LOL I spread the body of it out across several double pointed needles so I could try it on and see where I’m at. I think it’s going to fit fine, I’ve got it done to about my waist, but I think I’m going to increase a few stitches across to make it a bit more swingy on the bottom where I flare out. 🙂 There’s just a tiny cap line sleeve that I have to go back and add on but the body is just straight knitting until you get to the hem area and then just simple garter. If I knit like the wind it’s possible I could make it ….maybe… we’ll see.
Yummm I smell Cornish hen – it must nearly be done….