I gathered all the Opal yarns from the stash in anticipation of the start of the Opal Socktoberfest Challenge. Click on the button in the left sidebard for the challenge if you haven’t checked it out yet. It’s just for fun but there’s some free yarn involved – can’t get better than that.
So now to decide which one of those I want to use first. It won’t be the couple of solid colors because I bought those to have around for heels and toes on other yarns if I think I may be running short on yarn. But there’s plenty to choose from. If I meet my own personal challenge number of four pairs of socks – that means one a week — that means some speedy knitting to be sure so we’ll see if I can really make it.
And here’s the Houses in the Woods blocks for CTS that I have finished so far. A couple more to make yet.
There was a bit of an earthquake on the design wall that holds the CTS blocks. It was the second design wall I put up when the other one was full and I had the window open because it was such a lovely day and there was a bit of a cross breeze going through the apartment. Right past the buildings — which were on the wall but of course are now on the floor – not all of them but there was definitely a building collapse going on!
Woo hooo — a whole whopping 4.5 yards used for some swap blocks, and backing for two wallhangings. A piddling 65 yards used but it’s better than nothing. My problem isn’t bringing huge amounts of
yarn FABRIC (I was thinking about the yarn I need to dig out when I was typing the original post LOL – clearly I DO have a proble m with bringing in huge amounts of yarn!) into the stash, it’s simply not having enough time to sew to get yardage out of it and get some projects finished. I’m thinking I may need to take a day or two off work next week so I can stay home and play. 🙂 We shall see.
Here’s some of the Bloomin’ Basket Swap blocks I have. I haven’t decided yet if I want to make more blocks for a larger project or go with something smaller. One of the ideas I was playing with is this.
Not with those fabrics but using some floral in the borders. The floral in the border is actually a fabric we’re using for a charity quilt challenge project on TQP — making quilts for battered women’s shelters using that fabric which was donated by Hoffman California Fabrics. I need to decide what sort of quilt I want to make for that project too.
I did add a new photo earlier to the 12 in 2012 Challenge page . The Ice Cube Sock pattern by Debbie O’Neill (available through Ravelry). A bit of texture to it tho my choice of yarns doesn’t really show it off well. I’m going to have to make another pair in a more solid yarn. This is my 14th pair completed!