Whew! that was a job well done. I finally finished cutting all the backing squares and cupcake pieces for the project at the office. Bottoms of the cupcakes are all pinned on the background so everyone can simply start stitching.
And here’s what I’m left with. Couldn’t possibly have cut off the piece I need and immediately folded the fabric right up. No. Cut piece, toss rest of fabric on couch and deal with it later. 🙂 So I’ve got some fabric folding to do.
While I was at it I cut out a few more swap blocks for me, some more mini ones and also bite size – the bit size will finish to 2″ blocks – for a wallhanging. So now I have a nice pile of pieces all ready to keep me occupied in the evenings.
Here’s the border layout I’m thinking of doing for the auction quilt. Don’t know what colors I’ll use and I’ll have to see if I can get all the mini cupcakes made I added into the sashing – they’ll all have the save icing fabric on them – if I can find something I like.