No stashbusting to report this week. Not like that’s anything new lately. Tho I did turn down an offered trip to the local quilt shop so did avoid the temptation of adding to the stash. One of these days there will be some progress to report and something up on the wall for design wall Monday — really there will!
As promised earlier – here’s the French Onion Soup Recipe I use which I made yesterday. It’s quick an easy and oh so delicious.
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 2 very large onions (my personal preference vidalias or something similar) very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-1/2 c dry white wine
- 5 c. beef broth
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Melt butter over medium hi heat and add onions and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are tender and carmel colored.
- Stir in flour until well blended. Add wine (and pour yourself a glass to sip while cooking). Stir constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in beef broth and pepper and bring to a boil. Taste it and add salt as needed.
Freezes great. I don’t have ramekins I can put in the oven to bake the cheese on top so I generally don’t put salt in it because I use Texas Toast restaurant style croutons that have salt on them, put some in a bowl, pour piping hot soup over, and then top with shredded swiss. Yum.
The last installment of the Continuous Chain BOM is now available in the link on the right sidebar. Please share photos if you’ve made this quilt. I’d love to see them.
Here’s what I woke up to yesterday morning. It’s pretty so I’ll try to enjoy that rather than thinking of how long it is until the spring thaw.🙂
So after filling the bird feeders this morning to make the birds happy, hung up this cute little painted tin decoration I found.
Here’s the second boss’s scarf all finished.
I also started on my sweater. Haven’t gotten too far but so far so good.
Here’s as far as I’ve gotten with the tree – it’s up – just still lacking ornaments so far.