I spent yesterday cutting out Tracking Bear for the Justquiltin Weekend project coming up in February (see the sidebar for a link to the yardage requirements and other info; I’ll be posting cutting instructions next weekend – it’s a very stashbusting friendly design) and have it partially sewn to test my instructions. So adding that to my stash report, to date I’ve got:
Fabric purchased this week – 2 yds; fabric used this week – 7 yds
YTD purchased: 5 YTD used 36 Net used: 31 yds
Here’s my Tracking Bear all cut and labeled. My HSTs are sewn so the rest should go quickly.
Remember those template pieces I was cutting for the wedding quilt. I just needed one piece of each fabric but it was easier to cut one strip the width of each fq and then cut the templates from that. Well that meant for each strip I could cut two or three additional template pieces for future quilts. Hmmm…. here is my “extra” stack – I think there’s a charity quilt or two in there since it’s nearly a 4″ stack of pieces – just a “few” extra. :-)