- Many of you have asked for the patterns for some of the bird designs I’ve been drawing lately. I’m happy to say that some of them will be part of a free pattern offering here on my blog during 2013.
This is very preliminary info and will be updated as I make decisions on how this project will work, so stay tuned and please read all the info below if you are planning to participate – or to decide if you want to participate.
If your questions aren’t answered below, feel free to post a comment with your question, but please make sure your question has not already been asked and answered. My replies to questions will be included in the comment section rather than by personal email since someone else may be wondering the same thing.
Feel free to snag the image button to add to your own blog if you plan to participate and please link it back to this information page.
Whenever a new project starts, 90 percent of the questions end up being things that are already included on this information page. So I repeat again, please read this info before posting any questions. It makes my life so much easier not to answer the same questions over and over.
- What sort of project is it? It will be separate wallhangings each time a new project is offered.
- What size will they be? They will all be different sizes rather than always a standard size each time.
- How many wallhangings will there be? I haven’t decided yet. I have some I haven’t posted any images of and some that I have posted images of that may not be made available through my blog. Still contemplating on this.
- New patterns will be made available on a schedule to be announced. Right now I’m leaning toward every other month and likely will not start until February, 2013.
- Each pattern will be available only until the new pattern is posted. Once the new one is posted, the old one is taken down.
- You are responsible for timely collecting each pattern. There is no email sign up for this project. If you want to make sure you get notification of new projects, you need to subscribe yourself to my blog. Button to do so it at top of sidebar.
- Please do not email me asking me to email you a pattern you may have missed or are having difficulty downloading. Under no circumstance will I email patterns out individually to people. Patterns are for your individual use and are not to be shared, copied, distributed in any way – via paper or email.
- Patterns will be made available only as a pdf download.
- You need to come back to this page to collect all the Strictly for the Birds projects. Scroll down – newest projects are at the bottom.
- If you get an error message when trying to download, try try again. It means its a WordPress or Box.net issue that I cannot do anything about. All patterns are tested once they are loaded to make sure they are accessible. Click the download, open the file, and “save as” to your computer giving it a new name.
- Since most of the wallhangings do not take huge amounts of fabric, they should be stash friendly projects.
- You can make your own bias tape for the skinny bird legs in some of the various projects or buy the premade 1/4″ fusible bias tape which will be quick and easy to fuse and top stitch in place and is readily available from many sources.
- Some wallhangings will be all piecing, some will have applique, and there may be some paperpiecing.
That’s all I can think of right now but I will be updating this info as I get the other details ironed out. Remember if you receive an error message or can’t download – try later, try tomorrow, etc - don’t just leave a comment you cannot access pattern. The band width may have been exceeded if this pattern is heavily downloaded or the system may be busy.
Heads or Tails has been modified slightly from the image here (see June 8 blog post which shows the final drawing tho you probably won’t be able to tell the difference) and also shows it in some different fabrics. The finished size of this project is 32″ x 21″.
Yardage – specific yardage will not be provide for each color. Scraps from the stash will work great for this one since small amounts are needed. Per EQ you will need 1/2 yard of the background fabric however you may want a bit more since the birds in this project are paper pieced and if you are like me, I tend to use more fabric when paper piecing. For the widest border – 1/4 yard of fabric is more than enough.