Stashbusing report

Well I used 3 yards since last report but then I bought 5 yards yesterday so not exactly making progress here (but having fun anyway).

 Here’s one of the fat quarters I bought yesterday.  I really like this one. Notice some of the deer have a wreath around their necks.  So I imported the fabric into EQ and roughly traced the deer.

Below is a general idea of what I plan to do.  The stuff around the neck of the deer is just to give the impression of a wreath there.  One of the fat quarters I bought has flower and ornament clusters that I think I will fussy cut and fuse to make the wreath.  I was all ready to get started on this and then realized (1) I forgot to buy printer ink and the printer is bone dry and (2) not a scrap of fusible in the place.  So will have to wait to start on this one.

I did find the right shade of blue in the stash, along with some other fabrics I could probably add in with these so am still deciding what the final look will be.  One of the ideas I had was to make it larger and repeat a similar star block in the borders.

Below is what that looks like.  I’m not thrilled with it yet and will do some more playing with it but and not sure I want to make it that large.  I think I’ll probably make the center and then decide what I want to do from there.

But time to get busy on a few other things since it’s the last day of my vacation — which has been great except for these allergies which have really slowed me down the last couple of days.

About these ads

2 comments on “Stashbusing report

Comments are closed.